Part Time (10-15hrs/week) | Based in NYC
Special Special is a creative studio and art production brand. Formerly an exhibition/retail space in New York, Special Special continues to curate and execute a variety of projects for the creative community around the world. We produce publications, in-house art editions, and collaborate with a wide range of artists and designers.
We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to establish and develop comprehensive brand awareness and design consumer-led marketing strategies to help build our presence across all channels. They will be involved in a wide range of exciting projects and work with our intimate and talented team of creatives in our daily operations. They will help develop and deliver integrated communication strategies, campaigns and e-commerce initiatives to fulfill brand and sales objectives. This role is both strategic, and executional.
This includes but is not limited to:
Social Outreach and Engagement
- Develop strategies for optimizing e-commerce channels to drive awareness and sales across all platforms
- Generate audience development initiatives, increase customer acquisition while fostering existing customer relationships and increase conversion on all platforms
- Manage Email Marketing / CRM
- Oversee Website and Shopify, manage back and front end and calibrate for optimal operation.
- Social Media Strategy and execution across all platforms
- Working cross-functionally with team, and delve into archives to develop visual assets for social media content and promotion
- Social media copywriting according to the tone of the brand
- Monitor analytics across social media and web, compiling detailed reports for managers and leadership
- Report monthly on best practices, benchmarks, analytics, and KPI's to leadership.
- Press release write up, and press outreach specific to each project and promotion
- Coordinating and planning upcoming events for optimal ROI
- Assist team with event planning details
- Coordinate documentation or events
- Post event archival work
- Publication distribution plan, strategize and create target outlet list, and execute outreach, and delivery
- Assist in management of shopify platform, info@ account replies and social media engagement / answering of DM’s
- Assist the team with facilitation and management of consignment and wholesale orders
- Identify new channels, partnerships and opportunities for project visibility and brand awareness
- Deliver a distinctive and authentic consumer experience through e-commerce, brand partnerships, and marketing initiatives
- Offer strategic input on future projects, product sales, and events
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years experience in a Marketing or Sales role
- Sensitivity and awareness of art and design history, current trends, and recent developments/key players
- Experience in e-commerce
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in proposing and managing budgets
- Organized and detail oriented—the candidate should be a process builder, a calendar keeper, and a project manager at heart.
- Self-starter, identifying and solving problems independently.
- Capable of designing their own work streams
- Passionate about building a brand
To apply, please send a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com with 'Marketing Coordinator 2023' in subject line.