Studio ManagerThe Studio Manager will help build our brand, be an effective business administrator, and organize internal operations to help our company run like a well oiled machine while keeping with our vision to push the brand forward. They will be involved in a wide range of exciting projects and work with our intimate team of creatives in our daily operations.
They will develop and execute business strategies to meet profit objectives, manage internal operations, and oversee human resources. The ideal candidate will optimize efficiency for existing operations, develop new revenue streams that align with the brand, and strategize with the Founder to expand the company. This includes but is not limited to:
General Operations and Retail Operations
Project and Financial Management
- Present frequent updates on budgets, sales projections, audience numbers, and quantitative data on the company’s standing. Provide strategic financial input on exhibitions, events, and production
- Supervise and keep staff on track in terms of deadlines and progress on various projects.
- Manage cash flows and financial data for budgeting decisions. Ensure that staff and programming keep within the allocated financial resources.
- Ensure regular review of projects in order to make sure they are progressing effectively and in a timely manner. Familiarity with Asana and Slack platforms is a plus.
- Draft and review contracts.
- Provide sales reports on external sales opportunities (ie. art fairs, trade shows, etc.). Construct quick charts and diagrams that visualize data such as costs, profits, and losses.
- Coordinate, and set up key meetings and correspondences between founder, marketing strategist, and creative team.
Studio Management / HR
- Manage the recruitment, employment, and release of all staff.
- Manage insurances and benefits
- Promote and assist with all related programs and events in collaboration with staff.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and New York City laws and regulations for governance and operations, including those governing bylaws and human resources / labor practices.
- In conjunction with the Founder, design and implement a comprehensive strategy for financial viability and popularity of programs and projects in alignment with the brand mission.
- Work with the team to implement annual projections, and analyze progress.
- Research and identify new channels, partnerships, and opportunities for expanding brand awareness. In other words, pin-point revenue streams and strategize the approach in keeping with the Special Special vision.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years experience in a Sales and Marketing or Business Administration role. Master’s degree in business administration a plus.
- Experience working for a creative studio, design studio, production studio, or gallery.
- Experience in retail or e-commerce preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft, Adobe, Slack, Asana, Google Drive
- Organized and detail oriented -- you’re a process builder, a calendar keeper, and a project manager at heart.
- Self-starter. You identify a problem before being told about it and solve it without being asked.
- Designing your own work stream, and building a brand excites you.
- Experience in proposing and managing budgets.
- You are a perfectionist, with an appreciation for doing things quickly.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have valid visa status to work in the United States
This is a full-time position with paid vacation time, sick days, and healthcare benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com